The easiest way to prepare steel-cut oats! This recipe is fast with little cleanup.
1. Fill the instant pot liner with 1&1/2 cups of water and place the trivet to the bottom of the liner.
2. In an oven-safe glass bowl (pyrex), add steel-cut oats and 3/4 cup of water. Cover with tinfoil. Place the bowl carefully on the trivet.
3. Secure the lid of the instant pot and set the valve to sealing. Set the timer for manual of pressure cook on high for 22 minutes. Let it release naturally for five to ten minutes before releasing the remaining pressure.
4. Once the pin has dropped and the oatmeal is ready to be removed, use a pot holder or kitchen towel to safely remove the bowl from the instant pot.
5. Carefully remove the tinfoil and stir the oatmeal.
6. Transfer to a bowl and add toppings of choice.